Brazilian BBQ rice (Arroz Carreteiro) with Xtra Mojo
- 1 BRZ smoked calabresa sausage sliced
- 3 bacon strips slice
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic mince
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 red chilli diced
- 1 bunch of coriander chopped
- 1 tablespoon BRZ Xtra Mojo
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 200g rump steak (This recipe you can use for the meat all the leftovers of the bbq. But if you don’t have just follow this step)
Cook the steak on the bbq, or fry pan. Very quick. Leave on the side resting, and after diced in a small cubes.
Heat butter and olive oil in a large casserole pan on a medium-high heat, add the chopped bacon and sausage. Leave on the side. In the same pan cook onion, tomato, capsicum, coriander root and garlic. Add the bacon, sausage and steak.
Add the rice, chicken stock and salt. Cook low heat for about 15 minutes. Leave the rice resting for more 15 minutes.
Add fresh coriander and serve with fry egg.
Share with us your recipes or ideas! Upload your finished meal photos on Instagram and tag: @brzfood